So I’m joining the #RPGaDay party a wee bit late. But better late than never, and I’ll try to catch up before we run out of month…
What do I love about RPGs?
- I love crafting a story for people to explore
- I love giving the players a good time
- I love making the players think
- I love challenging the players so they get that high when they succeed
- I love creating situations which the players talk about for months to come
- I love leading the players on so they uncover the plot as they go, with twists and turns to keep them on their toes
- I love seeing the sometimes bizarre theories the players come up with to explain what’s going on
- I love working in a character’s back story (I just wish I was better at it)
- I love riffing off players and getting inspiration from them…when it works (and I am getting better at that)
- I love crafting a rich world that the players really experience
In summary, to misquote Hannibal from The A Team, I love it when a session comes together.